Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Loving Hearts Series"--from author Julianna Douglas--contemporary romance series centering around the Loving Hearts animal clinic and shelter, and featuring a group of people who love, work with, and rescue animals

His Heart's Desire



Two best friends find a fairy-tale love in this emotional and sweetly sensual contemporary romance.

Rebecca Anderson always dreamed of happily-ever-afters, but those dreams were shaken when she had to leave vet school to nurse her dying mother. They were completely shattered when her boyfriend betrayed her in the cruelest possible way. Crushed and lonely, Becca seeks out the one person she knows she can trust–her best friend, Ethan.

Successful CEO Ethan Montgomery has loved Becca since the day he met her while volunteering at a local animal shelter. Seeing her emotionally broken on his doorstep stirs his protective instincts. He tenderly cares for her, but knows that Becca will need time and space to heal her battered heart.

When Becca realizes that the white knight of her fantasies has been right in front of her this whole time, she begins to dream again of her future–one that includes Ethan. But their undeclared love is put to the test when Ethan's wealth and power, as well as a woman from his past, threaten to tear them apart. Will a surprise invitation from Ethan finally fulfill all of Becca's romantic fantasies and prove that only she is...His Heart's Desire?




Heart of the Season 



With a little help and a holiday miracle, can a determined animal rescue worker find and save a missing dog in time to give a wounded warrior the Christmas he desperately longs for?

Jeannie Montgomery runs an animal shelter in Kabul, where she not only rescues strays, but also helps Western military personnel bring their newfound pets home when their tour of duty is up. Jeannie's heart nearly breaks when she receives an email from a stateside marine, pleading for her help with finding his dog. As she begins communicating with him via Skype, an instant attraction sparks between them, strengthening Jeannie's resolve to do whatever it takes to fulfill his Christmas wish.

Zachary West lost his leg in an IED blast in Afghanistan. Since returning to Phoenix, he's been living in self-imposed isolation, hiding his scars from the world, but he hasn't forgotten the furry friend whose warning saved his life. More than anything, he wants to have Akilah home with him in time for Christmas. Jeannie seems to be the answer to his prayers. Her optimism and tenacity give Zach hope for Akilah, while her loving kindness helps heal his battered heart. He wants to believe that she's the one he's been waiting for all his life, but how can a gorgeous woman like her ever love a broken, scarred warrior like him?
 




The Key to Her Heart 



She doesn’t believe a man can be faithful…

Emotional following her brother’s wedding, Alexis Montgomery goes to the hotel bar, where she runs into Ryan, a performer from the male revue she’d hired for her sister-in-law’s bachelorette party. Intensely attracted and deeply lonely, she accept his offer of a drink. Surprised to discover an instant rapport with Ryan that makes her feel like she’s known him forever, Alex accompanies him up to his hotel suite. Together they share a night of passionate bliss unlike anything she’s experienced before. But no man has ever given Alex his fidelity, and Ryan is far too much like all her exes. As dawn breaks, she realizes she would rather have fond memories of this one perfect night than risk her heart being shattered again.

He wants to prove her wrong…

When Ryan Fielding awakens to find Alexis gone, he’s devastated. He’d never believed in love at first sight, but his feelings for her are so intense, they’re undeniable. Unable to find her, Ryan has no choice but to move on with his life, continuing to pursue his dream of becoming a Hollywood star. After four years, he’s finally made it, but the spectre of that night with Alexis still haunts him. When he sees her on television, being interviewed about her animal rescue work following a devastating hurricane, he immediately goes to help, while hoping to reconnect with the woman his heart cannot forget. But it isn’t the happy reunion he’d imagined. Ryan will need patience and determination to tear down Alex’s walls and prove that he alone holds The Key to Her Heart.
 



Julianna Douglas 

JULIANNA DOUGLAS SAYS:

"I'm a hopeless romantic and believer in fairy tales. Even as a little girl, my fondest dream was to find a Prince Charming who would sweep me off my feet. I'm happy to report I've been married to him for twenty years. Although I've been an avid reader since I was two years old, I never envisioned myself as a writer until five years ago. Now I feel like I've finally found my life's passion. The muses keep the ideas flowing faster than I can put them on the page. I hope that my readers will love my characters and stories every bit as much as I've loved creating them.

I currently live in hot, sunny Phoenix, Arizona with my husband, our two teenage children (one boy, one girl), a Husky/Great Pyrenees mix dog, and three cats. In addition to writing, I enjoy reading, hanging out on GoodReads, surfing the web, watching TV or movies, book shopping, and feeding my insatiable thirst for knowledge.

I love to hear from my readers. You can contact me at my website or via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest where my username is AuthorJuliannaD.

I strongly believe in giving back to the community, and that's why a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of each of my books will be donated to charity. For more information on which charities I'm supporting, please visit the charities page of my website."



No comments:

Post a Comment