Sunday, December 22, 2019

"CHRISTMAS AT SEA PINES COTTAGE"--by Sally Smith O'Rourke--from the author of "The Man Who Loved Jane Austen" and "The Maidenstone Lighthouse" comes a heartwarming, unforgettable novel set on the ruggedly beautiful island of Cape Fear in the Carolinas, where a man determined to retreat from the world discovers the redemptive power of unexpected love

4365037



With its rough gray shingles and weathered slate roof, Sea Pines cottage seems, at first glance, past its prime. But inside this remote fisherman's house, a driftwood fire crackles in the fireplace, brightly colored rugs cover the floor, and cozy cushions dot the worn, welcoming furniture. A young man named Robert has retreated after the war, planning to spend his days writing, tending to the local lighthouse, and nursing his injuries-physical and mental. For company, he adopts a young Golden Retriever puppy named Meteor, who happily settles into life at Sea Pines, delighting in his master's loving care.

Robert and Meteor spend months in quiet companionship, until the day Robert rescues a young woman from a storm at sea. Strong-willed and intelligent, Laura sees past Robert's injuries to the proud, passionate man beneath, and-with some matchmaking help from Meteor-they begin a new life together at the cottage. When their son, Nicholas, is born on Christmas Eve, Meteor immediately becomes the little boy's most loyal friend. But even Meteor's tireless devotion can't protect his cherished family from all of life's unexpected challenges-hurdles that will teach each of them lessons of courage, faith, friendship, and the enduring love that can sustain us through life's coldest seasons.



Sally Smith O'Rourke

Sally Smith O'Rourke 

“Where shall I begin? Which of all my important nothings shall I tell you first?” (Jane Austen. June 15, 1808)

That I reside in the Victorian village of Monrovia, California; a mere two miles from my place of employment, The City Of Hope. COH is a cancer research hospital where I spend most daylight hours in the operating room as a scrub nurse.

That I am a native Californian, having been born in Glendale, and spent most of my life here with a relatively short span of years in Reno, Nevada where I attended school. Returning after graduation I have remained in sunny SoCal.

That I was widowed some time ago. That I have very domestic hobbies like sewing, cooking, baking, candy making and cake decorating. Oh, yeah I write, too. Mike, my late husband and teacher, taught me that writing has to be treated like a job so every day no matter how tired I am I edit, research one or more projects and write.
 


https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Author/Sally-Smith-ORourke-Author-144905095215/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment