Sunday, March 28, 2021

"Jonathan's Vows"--by Mark Lages--with a sharp eye--and even sharper humor--the author lets readers follow Jonathan as he imagines what his future as a married man will be--all in preparation for the vows he will make to his beloved in front of God, family, and friends (see my review)

 57198861. sy475 

Jonathan's Vows

Jonathan Hart is a twenty-one year old college student who is about to be married to his high school sweetheart, Samantha. He has been charged with the task of writing his own wedding vows. So he looks to his future. Join Jonathan as he relentlessly searches, studies, and imagines his years ahead in a remarkable and entertaining quest to compose the perfect words.

MY REVIEW: Jonathan Hart is a young man with some very serious matters on his mind. At age twenty-one, he is just about to marry the love of his life, Samantha. Sweethearts since high school, and now attending college, they are very much in love and eager to begin their life together as man and wife. Author Mark Lages is a distinctive storyteller, and "Jonathan's Vows" offers many insights into the idiosyncrasies of human behavior and the ever-deepening, complex layers of the long-term romance known as marriage. With a sharp eye--and even sharper humor--the author lets readers follow Jonathan as he imagines what his future as a married man will be--all in preparation for the vows he will make to his beloved in front of God, family, and friends. You will enjoy Jonathan's speculations, but you might squirm a little when you recognize yourself in some of his "warts-and-all" realizations. While this is not a sugar-coated, fairy tale version of love, it is human, and it is hopeful. If you don't take that leap of faith, you will never know what you missed.

Book Copy Gratis Author

 

Mark Lages 

MARK LAGES SAYS:

"I was born and raised in California, but now live in South Carolina with my wife and our animals. I am neither a liberal nor a conservative. In fact, I despise politics. I think of myself as an artist, and not as a journalist. I've been influenced by Milton Friedman, Frank Lloyd Wright, Hunter S Thompson, Douglas Adams, Salvador Dali, MC Escher, JS Bach, Keith Jarrett, Vincent Price, Tom Waits, and many others. I like to smoke cigars and drink lots of coffee. And I do love to write. Lock me in a room with a box of cigars, a coffee maker, and a computer, and I will do just fine. Click here to leap to my website for more info about me and my books."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment